The Institute of Computer Science at the Johannes-Gutenberg University (JGU) Mainz invites applications for a postdoctoral researcher position in the group of Professor Bertil Schmidt (http://hpc.informatik.uni-mainz.de). The successful candidate will work in a newly funded project in the cutting edge area of designing and implementing parallel algorithms for Bioinformatics on CUDA-enabled GPUs.
- Design and implement efficient parallel algorithms for bioinformatics using CUDA
- Work in close collaboration with other project partners
- Write scientific papers
- PhD in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Mathematics, Bioinformatics, or related areas
- Strong programming skills in C/C++
- Strong knowledge of algorithmic techniques
- At least one first author paper in a reputable international peer-reviewed journal or conference
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Motivated to work in interdisciplinary research projects
- The possibility to work on cutting-edge projects using state-of-the-art technology in collaboration with academic and industrial project partners
- A stimulating, diverse and international research environment
TVL-13 salary scale (Wissenschaftlicher Mitarbeiter).
To apply, please email a cover letter, your CV (in English), contact address of at least two professional referees and certificates of your degrees to Professor Bertil Schmidt: email@example.com.
to submit an application