NVIDIA: PARALLEL COMPUTING SOFTWARE ENGINEER #1593641
PARALLEL COMPUTING SOFTWARE ENGINEER #1593641
NVIDIA awakened the world to computer graphics when it invented the GPU in 1999. From its roots in visual computing, NVIDIA expanded into super, mobile and cloud computing.
To spearhead its breakthroughs in High Performance Computing, NVIDIA is looking for a passionate, world-class Software Engineer to work in its Developer Technology Team. In this role, you will open up new domains of application for GPUs by researching and developing GPU computing algorithms, driving their adoption with key application developers and ensuring best possible performance of GPU computing applications on current and next-generation architectures.
Application domains include geosciences, life sciences, computer-aided engineering, computational fluid dynamics, computational chemistry, computational physics, computational finance, electronic design automation, data mining, medical imaging, and many more.
- Work directly with key US developers on their scientific applications, educating them on the latest NVIDIA technologies.
- Closely collaborate with the architecture and software teams at NVIDIA to influence the design of next-generation architectures.
- Some travel to conferences and for on-site visits with developers will be required.
- A good degree from a leading university in an engineering or computer science related discipline.
- Strong knowledge of programming languages such as Fortran and C/C++.
- Strong knowledge of programming techniques and algorithms.
- Strong mathematical fundamentals, including linear algebra and numerical methods.
- Experience with parallel programming, especially data-parallel using MPI, OpenMP, OpenACC or CUDA C/C++/Fortran.
- Good communication and organization skills, with a logical approach to problem solving, good time management and task prioritization skills.
With highly competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package, NVIDIA is widely considered to be one of the technology world's most desirable employers. We have some of the most brilliant and talented people on the planet working for us and, due to unprecedented and ongoing growth, our world-class engineering teams are expanding fast. If you're a creative and autonomous Software Engineer with a genuine passion for parallel computing, we want to hear from you.
Candidates should send their resume to CUDAopportunities@nvidia.com